Upcoming Events In 2016
At Croga CrossFit we are more than an awesome training facility that gets you in the best shape of your life, the strength in our CrossFit gym lies in our community! We like to workout, but we enjoy socializing with cool people even more, because our members are more than just fitness junkies.
We love watching friendships blossom between people that would have never met unless it was for Cróga and this is why we host our community events. These events are often family events that involve a touch of fitness, a good cause and some great social interaction. Family and friends are often welcome and encouraged to attend as well.
Check out the list of events we’ve got planned for this year below, mark your calendars and stay tuned for more details as each event gets closer.
Sign up for a “No Sweat” Intro
Click below to schedule a time to come on in to Cróga, meet a coach, see our space, share your goals and learn the best way to get started with CrossFit in a no pressure environment.
- The CrossFit Games Open – Every Friday from February 26th – March 25th
- The beginning stage of The CrossFit Games will be performed with 5 weekly Friday Night Lights community events at Cróga. We’ll get the party started at 5:30 pm each week and run heats of 4 athletes at a time until the workout is complete. Even if you’re not signed up for The Open, we’d love to have you attend and cheer on your fellow Cróga athletes as they give it their all.
- Nutrition Challenge – April
- We will be running a 30-day nutrition/lifestyle challenge to kickstart our spring and help bring on the fat loss in preparation of beach season. Stay tuned for details on how to sign up. It’s going to have a fancy app for you to use and prizes for the winners…
- WOD with Warriors – Memorial Day – Monday, May 30th
- 3rd Annual Cróga Beach WOD – June
- Grab your family, your beach toys, your board shorts and your sunscreen, we’re headed to the beach for a community WOD and BBQ. We’ll meet at Cróga on a Saturday morning, grab the kettlebells and head over the hill early for a fun community workout at Rio Del Mar State Beach. We’ll hang out for a couple hours for some games and then head to a members beach house for a BBQ.
- 2nd Annual Cróga Member Family BBQ – August
- After last year’s hugely successful Family BBQ we’ve decided to host this party again. This is our big family member thank you event. Coach Dave man’s the BBQ, the summer adult beverages are flowing, the kiddos enjoy the kiddie pool and slip ‘n slide, and the adults hang out, play cornhole and horseshoes and enjoy the great weather and great company. Stay tuned for the exact date, this is not a party you’ll want to miss.
- Barbells for Boobs – October
- Our biggest charity event of the year, Barbells for Boobs is an all pink extravaganza where we raise money for breast cancer research, awareness and testing for those that cannot afford it. We have raised over $10,000 over the past 3 years and hope we can have our biggest year yet in 2016.
- American Red Cross Blood Drive – December 3rd – 10:30 am – 3:30 pm
- For our second year running, we are hosting a co-sponsored blood drive with one of our awesome members, Mike D’Ambrosio. Check out our Event Blog Post for more details on how to get signed up!
- 3rd Annual Cróga Holiday Ugly Sweater Rowling Tournament/Party – Friday, December 9th
- This is often everyone’s highlight of the year. We’ll be hosting another Team Rowling Tournament to cap off the year. It’s a beautiful excuse to get sweaty in your ugly holiday sweater and have some fun with your fellow members.