Barbells for Boobs 2014
October is here and with that comes Breast Cancer Awareness Month & Barbells for Boobs!
This year at Cróga CrossFit we will be hosting our Second Annual Barbells for Boobs fundraiser on Sunday, October 26th from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm.
Just like last year this will be a super fun community event where we all get together, perform a partner workout, have a raffle for prizes, enjoy some food and drinks and raise money for an awesome charity.
There is NO FEE to participate; however, we do encourage participants to donate $80 to Barbells for Boobs.
The workout that will be performed is called “Helen Meets Grace – A Partner Effort.” Each team gets one pull-up bar, one kettle bell and one barbell. Each team completes “Helen”, then completes “Grace” afterwards. They can tag in and out but both athletes must complete the 400m runs in “Helen” together. Score is total time it takes the team to complete both workouts.
We will be encouraging everyone that attends the event to participate and will scale the workout as needed. This is a fun community event, NOT a die hard competition only meant for the elite athletes.
Come with a partner or get matched up at the event. There will be prizes for the top performing teams, as well as, best dressed (pink attire is encouraged).
For more photos from last years event, see below the Donation information & visit our Barbells for Boobs 2013 Facebook Album
Although we will be accepting cash and check donations in person at the event, the best way to support this wonderful charity is to put up a fundraising page on the Barbells for Boobs Fundraising Page and share it with friends via email and social media.
Last year as a community we raised more than $3,000 and this year our goal is $5,000+.
Please follow the step-by-step instruction below to set-up your personal donation page and join our team so that we can reach our goal.
1. Follow this link to our team page: https://fundraise.barbellsforboobs.org/fundraise/team?ftid=36046
2. Click the “Join Team” button in the top left
3. Fill out the “Sign Up with Email” form
4. Follow the steps to customizing your donation page and set a personal fundraising goal
5. Share your Page with friends, family, coworkers, loved ones! Use your link to your fundraising page – EX: https://fundraise.barbellsforboobs.org/crogadave (this is my personal fundraising page).
6. Come to our event on October 26th at 10 am ready to have some fun!